Connecting Music


Connecting Music HD Videos

Sunday, February 22, 2009

India has made a clean sweep: Anil Kapoor

Monday, February 23, 2009 (New Delhi)

It's been a fairy-tale run for Slumdog Millionaire at the Oscars this year. But more importantly, it is a never-before focus on India at the most prestigious film awards in the world.

With Rahman winning two Oscars and Slumdog, that has almost an all-Indian cast and crew, sweeping the Oscars, India is on everyone's mind.

Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor who was at the ceremony, and who even went on to the stage with the entire team when Slumdog won Best Motion Picture - the final award of the day - was most enthusiastic after the ceremony was over.

In an exclusive interview to NDTVMovies from L.A, Kapoor said, "I am very excited. I have never been so excited ever in my life. It's time for me, the whole team of slumdog and every India to cheer and celebrate. We are having an ecstatic moment here in LA. I can only say that India has made a clean sweep here."

He contrinued, "I can't speak too much on phone because there are lot of calls and wishes from every where. I have just spoken to my wife and everyone is extremely happy. I want to say thanks to everyone. It's the support and love of every Indian which has made this dream come true. It's an amazing feeling. I don't know how to express it. We are wishing and exchanging greetings. Thanks a ton. At the moment I can only say 'Jai ho Hindustan, jai ho India jai ho Mumbai, jai Maharashra.'"

Even Irrfan was present at the ceremony and said most gracious things about Rahman. "I am extremely happy for Rahman. Today almost every house here in LA listens to his Jai ho and O saya. I am feeling very proud to see that at the award venue his song is being played. I am really thrilled to see an Indian song being played at the Oscars. It's a great moment for Bollywood and Indian music. "

Slumdog Millionaire won eight award out of the 10 it was nominated for.

No comments:

Post a Comment