Connecting Music


Connecting Music HD Videos

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Praja Rajyam spokesman spits venom, quits

9 Apr 2009, PTI

HYDERABAD: In a major setback to Chiranjeevi's Praja Rajyam ahead of the elections, its spokesman Parakala Prabhakar on Thursday quit the party describing it as a "poisonous tree".

"I am one of the founding members of the party. I had even signed on the documents to register the Praja Rajyam as a political party. I expected that the party would strive for clean politics. But it proved to be otherwise. This is a poisonous tree," he told reporters at the party office.

Prabhakar alleged that all is not well with the functioning of the party.

"Initially, I thought mistakes are happening because of lack of understanding. But I began to think about the aim of starting the party. There is a flaw in the birth of the party itself," he said.

He said he does not have the ability to reverse the process of decay in Praja Rajyam and thought it prudent to quit.

"Some people may think that this party is good because of my presence. I have a responsibility to tell them that it is an evil force," he said.

Replying to a query, Prabhakar said he did not apply for ticket to contest the elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment