Connecting Music


Connecting Music HD Videos

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Varun Gandhi files nomination in Pilibhit; vows to fight for Poor

BJP's Lok Sabha candidate, Varun Gandhi has filed nomination from Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh. Varun was accompanied by his mother Maneka Gandhi, while filing the nomination. Addressing the huge gathering at Pilibhit, Varun said that he always believed in 'Ahimsa' or 'Non-Violence'. He also said that he is not afraid to go to jail. Varun not only recounted his bad experience in jail, but also vowed to fight for the poor and farmers.


Varun Gandhi, who is contesting the polls for the first time, looked solid and determined in the Nawabganj rally, as he said, "I am ready to be sent to Etah jail again and again, but will keep fighting for the issues related the dignity of poor people". He also played an emotional chord, by saying, "The public will answer for my mother's tears".

While addressing a huge rally in Pilibhit, Varun Gandhi was at his best by saying, "I will not accept insults heaped on my people - poor, women and farmers. I was there for you before. I am more committed to you now. Going to jail was insulting. But I did not go for myself. I went to jail to preserve your self-respect and your children. I will always be there to protect you".

Varun Gandhi also talked about his father Sanjay Gandhi, "My father was always true to his words. I am like my father in this respect". He recounted his bad experience at Etah jail, saying, "Only I knew what I went through in the jail. I saw my mother crying at Etah jail. I value her tears. I will always stand up for the poor and farmers, even if I am sent to jail again and again".

Varun also took a dig on Mayawati, saying "we need to fight casteism and regionalism". Maneka Gandhi thanked people for their support to Varun. "I owe a lot to people of Pilibhit. I thank you for standing by my son during his tough times. He will always safeguard your interests", said Maneka.

As per the assets declared by Varun Gandhi, he does not own a car and has Rs. 20,000 cash. He also has several flats, Rs. 20 lakh cash in bank accounts and Rs. 98.84 lakh in various investment schemes. Varun Gandhi's total assets amount to around Rs. 4.93 crore.

No comments:

Post a Comment