Connecting Music


Connecting Music HD Videos

Saturday, May 16, 2009

BJD poised for hat-trick in Orissa, not to suppport Cong-led govt

16 May 2009, PTI

BHUBANESWAR: Poised for a hat-trick third term BJD supremo and chief minister Naveen Patnaik today said that his party would work harder for the state's development.

"I feel absolutely humbled by the tremendous generosity shown by the people of my state towards the BJD," Patnaik told reporters here.

"I would like to express my deep gratitude to the people. We shall work much harder and ensure peace, harmony, progress, development and welfare of the state," he said.

Asked which political formation his party would support at the Centre, Patnaik said that BJD would not align with a Congress-led or BJP-led alliance.

"We have been repeatedly saying that we are not going to support a Congress-led or a BJP-led government at the Centre," Naveen Patnaik told reporters here.

"I stand by my earlier statement," he said. "The BJD is a regional party and naturally our focus is on our state. We will like the government at the Centre to fulfil the just demands of the people of Orissa," Patnaik added.

"We are now receiving the trends, let the complete results come. After that I will sit with senior party leaders to chalk out our future course of action," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment