Connecting Music


Connecting Music HD Videos

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thackeray calls Shah Rukh 'traitor', no apologies says actor

Mumbai: On a day when Bal Thackeray labelled him a 'traitor', Shah Rukh Khan today stuck to his comments on Pakistani players in IPL saying there was nothing 'anti- national' and ruled out meeting the Shiv Sena supremo on his own to sort out the controversy.

'I have not said anything that is anti-national or anti-Indian. I stand by what I said and I would like to say that may be the group has misunderstood me. There is no other reason because I have not said anything I should feel sorry about,' Khan, who arrived here after a whirlwind promotional tour of New York, London and Berlin, told reporters.

'I think what I said has been misconstrued. I am pro good relationship with countries. I think we all are...,' he said. Asked if he would go to Thackeray's home 'Matoshree' to explain his position, Khan said he had gone to the 'senior' leader's residence whenever he was called.

'I have been there so often. Yes, I would like to go and have drink with him. But on this matter, I don't see...there is no reason for going and asking...but if my stand needs to be explained to someone, I have already done it. I don't think there is an issue on that front,' Khan said.

In an editorial in the Sena mouthpiece, Thackeray wrote, 'A Khan named Shah Rukh tells us to love Pakistan but nobody
feels suffocated due to his treachery. Traitors, do whatever you want to do with the blessings of Congress. Sena won't stop
you...'

Theactor, however, made it clear that he did not want to join issue with Sena, describing Thackeray as an 'elderly gentleman' whose company he enjoyed. 'He (Bal Thackeray) is an elderly gentleman. He will feel bad if I react on his comments. I have met him several times. He is an artist and I enjoy his company. We had good discussions together. Uddhav is also a photographer. But we never had ideological discussions.' Khan said.

The actor, however, said he did not want to make it an issue.

'Sometimes when we get radical and we get angry we get so aggressive that we don't hear the other point of view. So in
this case may be the group has understood my point of view. I am just talking about being a simple Indian and you can't take
that away from me or any of us,' he said.

On Sena's decision not to stop the release of his upcoming film 'My Name Is Khan', the actor said he felt relieved.

'This (controversy) is not against my film. It is related to me. So I wanted that my film should be seen as a product, which is happening and I respect that and I am very happy. I am very thankful if it is true.'

Asked if the ongoing controversy was helping the film's publicity, he said, 'the film is benefiting from my acting. I don't need anything else for publicity.'

'I pray to god that the film should be released, because that is what I do. I want that everyone should go and see the film,' he added. PTI

No comments:

Post a Comment